Downhill, off-road, Soapbox Derby
Races kick off Saturday at noon, building downhill momentum until the Final Death Heat; followed by the Awards Ceremony!
Calling all speed demons!
Grease monkeys, crackpot inventors and rubber-neckers. Now registering teams of up to 4 people to design, construct and race a gravity-powered vehicle down our steep and extremely dangerous off-road course. Prizes awarded for multiple categories, including:
- Best style / Costumes
- Creative engineering
- Spectacular crash
- Slowest time
- Fastest time
Soapbox entries must meet the following guidelines:
- All soapboxes must be gravity powered meaning no engines, pedals, or external energy sources allowed
- All entries must include a functional braking and steering device. Suspension is advised (this is an off road course)
- Helmets are required for all drivers and passengers (human), other forms of protection are encouraged including knee and elbow pads.
- Drivers must be at least 18 years old.
- Weight: 250lbs max dry weight
- Length: No more than 15′ 1″ long
- Width: No more than 6′ wide
- Height: No more than 8′ tall
- Wheels: 3 wheels minimum in contact with the ground.
- Teams: Teams are not limited however there is a cap of 4 people per entry that will be allowed on the course during the race. Teams may choose how many of these 4 are driving and how many are pushing at the start of the course. There must be at least 1 driver.
- All racers must sign a waiver in advance stating that they, as well as all their relatives, friends and pet tarantulas, forgo any claims against Lookout Arts in the case of an injury or death.